Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium
The school received £7000 funding during 2013-2014 academic year, this is made up of ₤500 per student.
This funding aims to help students who entered Year 7 with SATs scores of lower than Level 4 in English or Maths or both to ‘catch up’ to their peers during their final year in the school.
How we spent the allocation of funds during 2014-15.
The strategies employed during the last academic year include:
- Small group teaching - with specialist teacher input
- Withdrawal for one to one support
- Alternative Curriculum programme in English and Maths
- Literacy intervention programme
- TA Support
- Homework Club
What effect the expenditure had on the attainment of pupils at the school for whom it was allocated
- In English and Mathematics the percentage of pupils who caught up and narrowed the gap increased, thus reducing the gap against their peers. The narrowing of the gap is referenced below for the last year 7 cohort as NGM.